Saturday, 16 June, 2012
An 11-year-old girl, who badly cut her leg on a stand displaying cakes in Dunnes Stores, has had her settlement of compensation for faulty shop display injury approved at the Circuit Civil Court in Dublin.
The court heard how Jade Earls from Bray, County Wicklow, had been shopping in the Cornelscourt branch of Dunnes Stores in Dublin on July 16, 2010. As she passed by a stand displaying cakes, Jade caught her leg on rusty nails exposed on a piece of wood which was hanging down from the display.
Judge Alan Mahon was told that Jade suffered a ten centimetre abrasion and a four centimetre laceration which – although it had healed – resulted in a permanent scar on her left leg. Through her mother – Fidelma – Jade made a claim for fauly shop display injury compensation against Dunnes Stores and the company responsible for the cake display stand – ABF Grain products of Grosvenor Street, London.
The judge was also advised that Dunnes Stores and ABF Grain Products had accepted liability for Jade¬īs injury on a 60/40 basis, and that an offer of compensation for faulty shop injury amounting to 12,000 Euros plus legal expenses had been made, which the family were willing to accept.
The settlement was approved by the court.
Be the first to comment on this article.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.